March 9, 2013

Small Steps

I have the weekend off, which is great because it gives me more time to get things done around the house (especially since my fiancé is away). However, weekends off also kind of suck because I don't usually have enough to do to keep myself busy. That being said, while I won't be on my feet for eight hours a day this weekend, I am working on the small steps that make up "the plan" I mentioned in my first post.

Drink More Water:
I have one of these babies:
It is the 32 oz. Guzzler from the Rednek mason jar collection. I loooove it, especially in the summer because I can fill this bad boy up with the refreshing adult beverage of my choice and not have to refill for... well, it doesn't last as long as it would with most people, but it lasts long enough! However, I also made the connection that it is fantastic for monitoring my water intake! I've been popping a chunk of lemon in there, filling it up with nice, cold water, and going to down. This weekend, I am committing to finishing three of these per day. I am almost down one for today!

Move More:
While I haven't started a formal exercise regime (too many things at once leaves me overloaded and giving up, I've found), I am trying to integrate more movement into my day. My fiancé and I are both working on the "100 pushups program" using apps on our phones, but I am also trying to add more steps into my day. I don't have a pedometer, but I realized last Wednesday that taking the stairs down from my 11th-floor apartment to the basement (to do laundry) adds 250 steps onto my day.  So far today, I've done that twice, plus walked up from the 6th floor twice (lets say that's about 100 steps each). 250 + 250 + 100 + 100 = 700 extra steps, just by (mostly) forgoing the elevator! On an otherwise idle weekend, this adds some valuable activity.

Eat Less: 
This right here will be my struggle, especially on days off. Food is still my comfort; I'm used to eating constantly throughout the day, despite attempts to curb it. Logging calories hasn't worked because if I overeat (as I usually do), I just don't write it down. I am hoping that drinking a ton of water will help by making me feel too full to eat, and then after a few days/a week of that, I might be able to work on actively refusing food when I don't need it.

I am the queen of long posts, whee!

0 comments :

Post a Comment