April 21, 2013

It's My Body!

This is a bit of a boring post, but I had to write it down to show myself that it is possible for me to overcome my cravings and temptations.

Last night was a friend's birthday, and as always, we got good and drunk. The day after a heavy night of drinking is usually a write-off for me in terms of caloric and nutritional intake as I want nothing more than to stuff my face with greasy, carb-y garbage with the hope that it will just absorb the brewing hangover. Today was no different. As soon as I woke up, all I could think about was pizza and chips. I spent the entire drive home thinking about greasy, cheesy pizza (sad, right?). I had some stuff to do before lunch, and at some point during those tasks it clicked - yeah, I want pizza, but I don't need it. I'm trying to eat healthier and look better, and pizza isn't going to help either of those things. So I put it out of my mind and had a wrap instead. Victory!

I also chose not to bring chips to the gathering knowing full well that would be my breakfast and lunch today. They're small victories, but they will add up!

0 comments :

Post a Comment